FYI from BATR <$BlogRSDUrl$>




6/05/2005

When in Course of by Paul Gottfried

Having stated why I find Human Event’s decision to compile such a list defensible and even commendable, allow me to explain why I strongly disagree with most of the picks for the top-ten "most harmful books." Only two of my least favorite authors, John Dewey and Betty Friedan, made the negative hit parade, although two others, Theodor Adorno and Margaret Meade, did appear as "honorable mentions," having garnered fewer votes than those above them on the list. Although I failed to think of either, both Herbert Croly and Alfred Kinsey deserve to be listed – and Kinsey’s fraudulent sexology has surely a justified claim to its number 4 ranking.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Archives


International Politics - MagPortal.com



© 2000-2006: Another BATR Site